Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Scentsy Metaphor in Dark Times



“I spent a good deal of time looking for where some money is. I have tons of different accounts that keep things too complicated. I seem to have 100 things to do at all times and the list never gets smaller…I have struggled for years with too much debt and overhead…Every day, I question how long until the game is up and I run out of time.”

Scentsy is, in a way, a great metaphor. Scentsy warmers are safe lights in a dark room, and Scentsy – in all that it has become in the hearts and minds of all who claim a piece of it – is a bright light in a dark world. The darker the room, the brighter the light; or, in other words, what Scentsy represents – family, opportunity, safety, simplicity, value, authenticity – becomes more pronounced, more special, as the world becomes more fragmented, contracted, uncertain, complicated, and selfish.

While Scentsy can never replace the sacredness of faith and religion or the specialness of family, it can serve as a safety net and warm blanket. Sleepless nights of opportunity are refreshing compared to sleepless nights of worry. We all worry; peace comes when opportunity outshines worry. As my journal entry of four years ago illustrates, I have had dark times of worry. But opportunity has shined more brightly, and what was once a worry has now turned out to be a grand journey. That same journey and perspective are available to each of you as Scentsy continues to outshine our dark economic times.

Best,
Orville Thompson


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Candle Barista

CrueltyFreePetaLogo

About Me

"Candle Barista"
My name is Rachelle Tarango. I am a certified Scentsy fanatic and active Certified Consultant. I also am a self-admitted social media guru, black tea snob and lover of all things bunny related, Lol. Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions/comments you may have. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your visit!
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Mom Blogs at MomDot
Ethical Blogger